Monday, August 10, 2009

How to Sew Fabric Flowers

As I prepare for baby girl, I've become enthralled with how to recycle as many of little boy's things as possible. It's become like a game for me. One of the things I was given when G* was born was a little kimono-style set that was plain white and boring with a little not-so-cute rabbit decal on it. When I found this tutorial from House on Hill Road on sewing fabric flowers, I knew I had found just the thing to pretty-it-up. I used fabric left over from another project (that I didn't cut on the bias) and then finished it off with a little ric-rac around the edges.

I love how it turned out so much I just may make another one!

1 comment:

  1. That is so, cute and such a great "green" idea to recycle an old item into a new, beautiful one. Congrats on the baby girl, too.

    ReplyDelete